Create an affiliate program on WordPress with AccessAlly to help grow your network of course and membership users.
How the Affiliate Program Works
AccessAlly affiliate programs are extremely flexible and can suit a variety of marketing and sales needs.
For example, you can create multiple affiliate tiers, each with a separate commission amount. The base tier could offer a 30% commission, and a second-tier with a higher commission of 50%.
While affiliates can belong to multiple tiers at the same time, they will only receive a commission from one of the tiers on any given purchase.
With AccessAlly's affiliate referral program set up, you can:
- Create one or more affiliate levels, each with its own commission percentage
- Offer more (or less) commission on a per-product basis
- Determine how long purchases will be attributed to an affiliate after a client clicks on a link
- Decide how many months an affiliate receives a commission on subscription purchases
- If multiple tiers are created, you can designated priority levels to determine which will be used for commission calculation
Take a look at how affiliate link tracking works through the "Last Click" referral system.
For more information on the management side of running an affiliate program, please review these articles:
What the Affiliate setup looks like on your site:
A typical signup and onboarding sequence for an affiliate program looks like this:
- An interested website visitor fills out a registration form
- This website form either adds them to the affiliate program directly, or pings you to review the application (if approved, you manually apply the affiliate tag to add them to the program)
- The new affiliate then logs into the site and accesses their unique referral links, swipe copy, and any other resources you have prepared for them
- Whenever you have new affiliate info to send out, you can email your affiliates and embed their links directly in the email
Here's What You'll Need to Set Up Affiliate Link Tracking in AccessAlly:
Custom Field Setup in Your CRM
Create two custom fields in your CRM to store affiliate information. These will be used "behind the scenes" by AccessAlly.
Set Up Tiers
An affiliate program can be made of one tier or many, depending on how you would like to determine the amount of commission your affiliates receive. For example, you might create one tier with a 30% commission, and a second tier with a 50% commission.
Create Tracking Links
Now that the tiers are set up, you can create tracking links for your referral program. (These links can point to your own domain or a separate site).
Create an Affiliate Center
Be a resource for your affiliates by setting up a page(s) where they can log in and grab their affiliate links, swipe copy, and view their commission stats.
Create a Registration Form
Your referral program is now set up and ready to go. It's time to set up that registration form to start collecting applications (or direct signups).
Whether you're sending out a welcome email to a new affiliate or bulk-emailing your entire referral program during a launch, you might want to conveniently embed their referral links directly in the email content.
IMPORTANT: Test Your Setup
Are Affiliate Cookies Affected by 3rd Party Cookie Blocking?
You may have heard that Google, Apple, and Mozilla are beginning to block third-party cookies on their browsers. Will this affect AccessAlly affiliate programs and affiliate cookies?
Short answer: No, affiliate cookies do NOT count as 3rd party cookies, because they are generated on the same site.
How it works is:
-You click the affiliate link
-You are cookied on the AccessAlly site
-You are forwarded to the page the link is set to
Then when you purchase, you will be on an AccessAlly order form again and the cookie will be local to that site.
What are 3rd party cookies? 3rd party cookies are those that you install on a website and that send data back to another server, like a Facebook pixel or a retargeting pixel from another service.
Conclusion: affiliate programs won't be affected by the cookie shakeup.
Additional Tutorials You Might Find Helpful
- How to Manually Add a Commission to An Affiliate
- How to Reassign An Affiliate to An Order
- How to Delete An Affiliate From An Order
- How to Pay Your Affiliates
Please note: if you are using an On Demand Login in your membership site opt-ins, AccessAlly will be able to track affiliate link clicks even on opt-ins.