On this page, you’ll find the full Guide to setting up your affiliate system using AccessAlly.
Please read this Guide from start to finish, to understand the scope and possibilities available with this feature. This feature is an advanced feature with a lot of moving parts.
Each section links out to more in-depth tutorials with screenshots to help your setup go as smooth as possible.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team if you get stuck!
How To Set Up An Affiliate System for your Business Using AccessAlly
This is one way to set up your affiliate program on WordPress, with a few of the key steps outlined.
Affiliate System Setup
The entire affiliate ecosystem takes place inside your AccessAlly site, with some prep work required in your CRM:
1. Integrate the Affiliate System With Your CRM
First, integrate your new affiliate program with your CRM by following this tutorial.
You’ll create a new opt-in form that will trigger someone being added to your Affiliate Program using a new tag you’ll create just for affiliates. This can be as simple as an “Affiliate” tag, and when someone opts in using this form the tag is added to your form submission in the CRM.
At this point, your CRM can start collecting affiliate information for AccessAlly.
2. Set Up Affiliate Tiers
Your AccessAlly affiliate program can be made of one tier or many, depending on how you would like to determine the amount of commission your affiliates receive. For example, you might create one tier with a 30% commission, and a second tier with a 50% commission.
While affiliates can belong to multiple tiers at the same time, they will only receive a commission from one of the tiers on any given purchase.
In short, Affiliate tiers control all of the commission “details”:
- The amount of commission each affiliate receives on referral purchases
- How long purchases will be attributed to an affiliate after a client clicks on a link
- The number of months an affiliate receives a commission on a subscription purchase
- If multiple tiers are created, you can designated priority levels to determine which will be used for commission calculation
- Product-overwrites (optional – tutorial here.)
The full tier setup tutorial can be found here: How to Set Up An Affiliate Tier.
3. Create Link(s)
After the tiers are set up, you can create the referral links for your affiliates. To do this, please follow this tutorial.
Note: you can point to any domain with your affiliate links. To track affiliate opt-ins, follow this tutorial.
4. Set Up Affiliate Page(s)
Next, you can choose to display affiliate links and other stats for your affiliates by setting up a page on your AccessAlly site to be used as your affiliate center. Click here for that tutorial.
5. Insert Affiliate Links into Emails in your CRM
If you want to set up a sequence of emails that include each individual affiliate’s links directly, then you’ll want to follow this tutorial to see how to insert these links.
6. Testing Your Affiliate Set Up
It’s always a good idea to test your affiliate set up. First, you’ll navigate to your affiliate sign up page which is simply any page on your website (doesn’t need to be on your AccessAlly site) that collects name and email (and potentially PayPal address) through an opt-in form from your CRM, which applies your affiliate tag.
Once you’ve opted-in as an affiliate, you can log in to the members’ area and visit your affiliate page to grab an affiliate link.
* A note for ConvertKit users. If your Affiliate Form requires a contact to confirm their email address – no tagging or access to the Affiliate Center will be provided until the email address is confirmed. Keep this in mind using a test email address as you may not receive a confirmation email and without one, you’re not able to be tagged for access.
Test your new affiliate link to make sure it goes to the right page that you set up, and you’re done. AccessAlly will handle the sales tracking for you!
- Advanced Testing: please ensure your cookies are tracked properly using this testing guide, BEFORE making the affiliate program live.
NOTE: In rare cases, some server hosts can’t process the default affiliate links (/~access/) properly. Switching to the alternate structure will avoid the issue.
How Affiliate Tracking Links and Opt-ins Work on AccessAlly
Take a look at how affiliate link tracking works through the “Last Click” referral system.
Click here to see the On-Demand Login tutorial.
Managing Your Affiliate Commissions & Payments
After the program is set up, you should become familiar with the primary ways to manage your affiliate system. Please click on the following links to read through the more in-depth tutorials:
- How to Manually Add a Commission to An Affiliate
- How to Reassign An Affiliate to An Order
- How to Delete An Affiliate From An Order
- How to Pay Your Affiliates
Please note: if you are using an On Demand Login in your membership site opt-ins, AccessAlly will be able to track affiliate link clicks even on opt-ins.