AccessAlly’s affiliate functionality is based on tags: if a contact in your CRM system has the designated “affiliate tag” then they will have all of the affiliate features enabled.
How you handle creating new affiliates is up to you, but there are generally two ways:
- Invite potential affiliates to opt-in directly to become referral partners
- Have an application form that you review before granting affiliate access and links
You might choose to allow anyone to become an affiliate, or to screen applicants to make sure they are legitimate partners. Either way, you can follow this tutorial to see how to make it work in your CRM and AccessAlly.
Create an Opt-in Form
The first step will be to create an opt-in form in your CRM. This is just a regular opt-in form, like you’d use for opting into a free PDF or giveaway.
The only distinction here is that you might want to add additional fields to gather an affiliate’s PayPal address (which is often different from their main communication email).
If you’re doing the 2-step process of reviewing an application before accepting affiliates, then you can also ask for more information up front – like how they plan to promote you or what the website link is.
1. How to Set Up Opt-in Forms in Your CRM
Each CRM will have a slightly different way to set up an opt-in form, so here are the tutorials to guide you:
- ConvertKit Opt-in Form Set Up
- ActiveCampaign Opt-in Form Set Up
- Drip Opt-in Form Set Up
- Infusionsoft/Keap Opt-in Form Set Up
- Ontraport Opt-in Form Set Up
2. Run the Webhook to Generate the Affiliate Account on AccessAlly
Once you’ve had a potential affiliate opt-in to your form through your CRM, you need to set up some automation in a campaign or sequence to:
- Apply the right tags to the affiliate (which you designated in your affiliate tier set up)
- Run the “aal_genpass” AccessAlly Webhook to tell AccessAlly to generate the account and password (if they’re not already an existing user)
- Send a welcome email with the affiliates’ login details (this is the same as you would do for any paid or free opt-in)
If you are manually reviewing affiliate applications, you’ll want to set up a trigger tag that kickstarts the same automation described above.
When you approve an affiliate, just apply the trigger tag to start the automation that applies the affiliate tag, sends the webhook, and sends a welcome email.
Please make sure that you’re sending a “genpass” webhook, even if this person might already be a contact in your CRM and have an AccessAlly account already.
This will make sure that the affiliate details are created and you can start creating links for your affiliates.
3. Send to Members Area for Affiliate Center
From there, they can grab their affiliate links, see their stats, and more.