In this article, we’ll cover how to manually add a user to AccessAlly. This should only be used for one-off situations as needed. This is not a replacement for a CRM integration. If you’d like to find out more about integration and testing you can review this article: AccessAlly Troubleshooting Guide
Step 1: Find the unique contact ID in your CRM
- Find the contact in your CRM
- Note the unique contact ID. Find details about “>how to find the contact ID here.
Step 2: Add the user to WordPress
- From your WordPress dashboard > Users.
- Add the new user: use the email address for both the username and email address fields. Uncheck the send user notification box. Make sure the user level is set to subscriber.
Step 3: Sync the user with the CRM
From your WordPress dashboard, go to: Users > Select the user you want to update manually > Click Edit for that specific user > Select the AccessAlly tab.
- Add the contact ID in the Contact Details section.
- Once you enter the contact ID, you’ll see a Resync button. This will sync the contact with your CRM.
- Click the update button to update the user.
Step 4: Test the user
Use the User Switching plugin to verify the users access.
Step 5: Notufy User
Now it’s time to email the user to let them know that they can access the site. Inside your email, you direct the user to your AccessAlly Login page and ask them to click the Lost Your Password link.
Once they reset the password they’ll be able to access their courses and content on your site.