You can test your setup using the User Switching Plugin to see what a user on your site sees based on the tags they have. This is especially useful if you’re creating a new course or want to troubleshoot an existing setup.
How this plugin works
This plugin works from the WordPress Users panel to switch from a logged-in site admin to a subscriber (AccessAlly user).
Using this plugin
- Click here to download the plugin. Activate the plugin when you install it.
- [0:52] Go to Users > All Users in your WordPress site
- [1:00] Select the user you want to view and click Switch To
- [1:07] Important! You will see an insufficient permissions – oops message on the page. This is because you are on a page that WordPress Admins see and the user you switched to is not an admin.
- [1:25] Navigate through your site using your WordPress menu or by typing in the URL of a page on the site that this user should have access to.
- [2:14] After viewing this user’s setup you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link to switch back to your site admin user.