A Stage-Release Course contains three types of permission tags:
- Global permission tags – these are given the moment someone opts-in or purchases the course, and can be used to trigger an automation AND give access to the “main page” of a course.
- Module permission tags – these are used inside your CRM automation to determine when each module is released to the student.
- Instant Access permission tag – this tag gives instant access to ALL modules simultaneously (tutorial)
If you’re looking for a way to create a Standalone Course, where the entire course content is released at once, please see this tutorial: How to Create A Standalone Course With AccessAlly.
How to Drip Content Using the Stage Released Setup
There are many different ways to drip content on your WordPress site:
- A time-based-release (powered entirely by a CRM automation), so that each module is released sequentially after a certain period of time. The tutorial below uses this setup.
- Release a module after a user completes a quiz from the previous lesson – this is a helpful feature if you want to require your students to receive a passing grade on a lesson or module before allowing them to continue on through the course. Learn how in this tutorial: How to Release A Course Module When A User Submits a Quiz
Part I: Course Setup Inside AccessAlly
The Course Creation Wizard makes it easy to set up the basic format, course info, and permission tags.
The permission tags will also be used in the next step of the setup, when you build the automation half inside your CRM.
Part II: Automation Setup Inside Your CRM
After you’ve created your Stage Released Course with the Course Creation Wizard, it’s time to build out the automation inside your CRM.
This is a necessary step.
Please see this tutorial: How to Set Up the CRM Automation for Your Stage-Release Course