Two Types of Invoices
Important: please note that there are two distinct options:
- Default payment failed email: once enabled, this email will send for any recurring charge that fails, regardless of what offer it belongs to.
- Product/Offer Specific payment failed email: once created, this email type can be customized so that it only sends when a payment fails for a specific subscription.
1. Install and Activate the Amazon SES plugin
By itself, WordPress email sending does not typically boast of reliable deliverability. To prevent your emails from regularly landing in spam folders, we recommend installing and activating the Amazon SES plugin.
2. Enable Payment Failed Email
OPTION A: Default payment payment failed email (not offer-specific)
Go to AccessAlly > Emails > Payment failed.
Click into the Default payment failed email and choose Send Customized Email from the dropdown.
OPTION B: Product/offer specific payment fail email
Click on the Add offer specific payment failed email button. Fill out the settings to designate what offers this email should work with.
3. Customize Your Company Branding
If you haven’t yet, go to the Branding tab and customize your company information.
- Company Name
- “From” Sender name
- “From” sender email
4. Customize Shared Blocks
In the same area, make sure to click into the Header and Footer blocks. These can be customized with new images, text, and links to your policies as needed. They only need to be customized once, and will appear the same on all emails that use them.
(Note that you can create additional shared blocks by going to the Shared blocks tab.)
5. Return to Email Settings and Complete Customization
Go back to your Payment failed tab and continue customizing your email.
- To edit an existing element: click on the element to reveal customization options
- To add a new element: click on the “plus” icon on the top right of the email settings
- To rearrange elements: drag and drop
6. Send a test email
Once your email is customized, send a test email to yourself. This will allow you to preview how the email looks and responds inside your inbox.