How It Works
There are two types of “templates” that you can use to speed up your email creation process:
- Shared blocks – these are elements (like a header or footer) which can be easily added to any email type. The benefit to using shared blocks is that you can update your logo, for example, in a single location, instead of having to manually update it in every email that you have set up in your site.
- Import/Export – You can export/import entire emails that are created inside AccessAlly. This can be helpful if you have multiple AccessAlly sites and would like to re-use the same emails across all of them.
Set Up Steps
1. Configure Your Company Branding.
Go to: AccessAlly > Emails > Branding
Here, you can fill in your company information:
- Company name
- “From” sender name
- “From” email address
2. Set Up Shared Blocks
Click on the yellow shared email block button and name it something descriptive (like “legal disclaimer”)
You can customize the contents of this block by clicking on the plus(+) in the upper right hand corner of your Email Content block.
Choose which of the elements you’d like to add:
- Html code (developer only)
- Regular text
The personalization button allows you to select from various “merge” fields to further customize your message.
Add your link text to display. Note that you have the option to personalize this as well.
Add your link destination by selecting a page from the drop-down list, or entering a custom URL.
Select your alignment and margins if necessary.
Add your copy to the text section. You can customize this text as you would with a regular text editor. Note that you can personalize this copy if you’d like.
Set your margins if necessary.
Click ‘update’ to add this to your shared block.
Note that you can drag elements to reorder them within the block.
3. Add Shared Blocks to An Email
Once you have your shared block(s) set up, you can add it to any email type (invoice, welcome email, affiliate notification, etc.)
If you have multiple AccessAlly sites (or are a Certified expert who often sets up client sites), you can import/export entire emails to speed up the creation process.