Bob is a current affiliate for your program. He recruits two friends to sign up for the affiliate program through his link. Now, Bob receives a commission percentage for every sale that his two friends make through their own affiliate program links.
This is an optional feature that is a helpful tool if you’re actively building out an affiliate program and want to incentivize affiliates to recruit new people to promote and sell your products/courses.
However, please be aware that this is an advanced feature. The testing and troubleshooting required to make sure your setup is properly configured requires a full understanding of how the affiliate system works inside AccessAlly.
How to Set Up A Level 2 Affiliate
1. Enable Level 2 Affiliate
Open up the affiliate tier you would like to add a level 2 affiliate to. Under the Level-2 commission tab, check the Enable box.
2. Configure Commission Details
When the Enable box is checked, you will be able to configure the rest of the settings:
- Level-2 tracking active window – This setting determines for how long level-2 purchases will be attributed to this affiliate. Enter -1 to attribute indefinitely.
- Level-2 commission percentage – This percentage is used to calculate the level-2 affiliate commission amount based on client payments.
- Level-2 commission duration – This setting only affects recurring payments. Level-2 Affiliates will receive commission for payments made within the specified duration (in days). Enter -1 to pay out level-2 commission indefinitely.
- Level-2 product-specific overwrite – You can assign specific commission schedule for each individual product.
When the settings are configured, please click on the yellow Save Changes button before exiting this area.