Types of Popups & Opt-Ins
The popups & opt-ins available with PopupAlly Pro are categorized in two ways:
- How they become visible on a page (embedded, scroll-activated, exit-intent, etc.)
- How they’re designed to look after appearing (shape, size, colors, etc.)
Type of Popup
The type of popup you choose will determine how it becomes visible on the page.
There are five options:
- Exit-intent – this type will appear when the website visitor moves the mouse towards the top o the page, as if to exit the site. (Does not appear on mobile devices).
- Scroll Popup – this popup is triggered when the website visitor scrolls down the page (you can determine how far they scroll before it appears)
- Time-delay popup – this popup appears a designated time after the visitor first lands on your site.
- Click-to-open popup – create a unique link that your website visitors must click to trigger the popup (images, text, and buttons can all contain this link)
- Embedded opt-in – this type of opt-in (or contact form) is always visible on a page and does not need to be triggered.
* Note that only one type of motion-activated popup (exit-intent, scroll, or time-delay) will appear on a page. This helps to keep the experience “polite” for your visitors.
Popup Design & Appearance
The appearance of your popup is 100% customizeable – and fully mobile responsive.
Ready to get started?Head over to this tutorial to create your first popup: