Not using ActiveCampaign? Check out the other CRM automations here.
Preferred: Use the Integrations Guide Inside the Course Wizard
The steps on this page all correspond to the Integrations guide that’s located inside the Course Wizard. We do recommend that you use the Integrations guide, since it will tell you exactly which tags and webhooks you need (they change depending on what course you are trying to automate).
1. Create a Welcome Sequence
Go to Automations in the main navigation menu. Click on “Create an automation”.
Choose “Start from Scratch”, and then click “Create”.
2 Choose Starting Condition for a Free Course
A Free Course does not require payment and starts when a client signs up through a form.
Select the form that will be used to collect the client information (name, email, etc). You can create a new form by going to “Forms” -> “New Form”.
3. Assign Access Tag
Add an action after the starting condition.
Select “Add a tag” in the “Contacts” section.
Select the Access tag for the course.
Add a new action and select “Remove a Tag” in the “Contacts” section.
Select the Revoke tag for the course.
4. Generate User Password with a Webhook
Add a new action and select “Webhook” in the “Conditions and Workflow” section.
Set the “URL” to the
5. Send Login Information (Optional)
To give enough time for the login information to be generated, it is recommended to add a short wait before sending the login information.
Add a new action and select “Wait” in the “Conditions and Workflow” section.
Configure a 5-minute wait.
Add a new action and select “Send an email” in the “Sending Options” section.
You can customize the welcome email just as for any other ActiveCampaign emails.
To add the login information to the email, click on “Personalize”.
- Username: by default, the username is the email address. If AccessAlly been configured to save the username to a custom field, then select the custom field configured AccessAlly in AccessAlly -> General Settings -> Initial Setup -> System Integration -> Username Field.
- Password: Select the custom field configured AccessAlly in AccessAlly -> General Settings -> Initial Setup -> System Integration -> Password Field.
Finish editing the email and return to the Automation section.
6. Activate the Automation
Give the Automation a name and switch it from “Inactive” to “Active”.