How To Use This Feature
When someone submits homework via a private note, you can set up email notifications to notify the admin and/or the person grading or reviewing the homework submissions.
This is a great feature to use if you grade homework assignments from your students, review submissions for learning retention, or provide specific feedback on submitted work.
Note:If you haven’t already created private notes for your students to submit homework assignments, that tutorial can be found here.
From your WordPress Dashboard go to > ProgressAlly > General Settings > Private Notes
Step 1: Enable notification setting
Scroll down to ‘Get notified when a member sends you a private note’. Choose your frequency of notification: either once per day or as soon as a private note has been submitted.
Step 2: Add notification email addresses
Add admin emails that you want to be notified. You can add multiple email addresses separated by commas.
Step 3: Update subject line prefix
Step 4: Review and save
Completed section will look like this:
This is what your email notification will look like when someone submits a homework private note:
Step 5: Reply to the private notes
You can reply to private notes by clicking on the link in your notification email or through the backend of your membership site.
Note: if you reply, the user will receive a notification email that you did reply, and you can find a tutorial about that here.
To test your notification emails:
- Create a new private note (any type will work, except the private course note, which does not send any notifications) and add it to a page on your site.
- In an incognito window, log into your WordPress site as a test user
- Submit the private note
- Check your inbox for the notification email.
If you didn’t receive the notification email as you expected, here’s what to do:
- Double check the email frequency that you’ve set. Is it set to once per day or after each note submission? If the setting is incorrect, update the frequency setting (step 2 of this tutorial), save, then go back and test your private note submission again.
- If the frequency is correct, double check that you’ve entered your notification email address(es) correctly (step 3 of this tutorial).
- If the email addresses are entered correctly, double check your spam or junk folders.
Hint: you can search your inbox for the subject line you’ve specified within ProgressAlly. We recommend setting up an email filter and/or folder for these notification emails to keep everything organized.
- If you still cannot find the email in your inbox, please email us. We’d be happy to help you troubleshoot.