Teams are set up with a set number of team member accounts.
There are two ways to increase team size, and one way to decrease the team size.
How To Increase Team Size
Method 1: Purchase additional team members with an order form
If you would like to allow team leaders to purchase additional spots, you can do so with the following setup:
1. Create a “Change Team Size” custom operation with the number of spots you would like to increase the team by
2. Create a product for your team member increase
3. Add the product to an offer
4. In the Automation tab of the offer, select the custom operation.
Now, when the user completes the purchase, X additional spots will be added to their team.
Method 2: Use an HTTP Post/Webhook
The first method of increasing a team size is through a CRM automation, using a webhook/HTTP Post.
An example setup automation for a Team Leader who wants to purchase 5 additional licenses would be:
- The Team Leader makes a purchase on a unique AccessAlly order form for “5 additional licenses”
- The successful order adds a “5 license increase” tag to the team leader, which is used to trigger a CRM automation
- The CRM automation includes an HTTP Post/Webhook URL to communicate with AccessAlly that the Team Leader should have 5 additional team member account slots added to their team.
As long as your automation includes the Webhook URL found in AccessAlly > Teams > Setup > (Select Team Type) > Webhook URL (indicated in the screenshot below), the increase will occur.
Method 3: Manually Increase Through Team Management Options
A second method of increasing team size requires a manual action step. Begin by going to: AccessAlly > Teams > Manage. Here, you can search for the team leader who’s team you’d like to increase.
Then, in the “Change Team Size” section, you can simply type in the number of spots you’d like to add to the team.
How to Decrease the Team Size
Decreasing the team size for a team that already exists requires a manual action step.
Begin by going to: AccessAlly > Teams > Manage. Here, you can search for the leader who’s team you’d like to decrease in size.
Then, in the “Change Team Size” section, you can simply type in the number of spots you’d like to remove from the team. (To decrease spots, add a negative sign before the number… Eliminating two spots would be typed in as -2)
After clicking the “Change Team Size” button, you will see the new total number of slots available to the team in the upper section (as seen in the screenshot below).