This setup allows you to retain client records in your CRM.
NOTE: Simply “deleting” a team leader account will NOT affect the team member accounts. If you delete a team leader, whether in AccessAlly or your CRM, the team members will continue to exist with all permissions intact.
Method 1: Delete The Team Inside AccessAlly (Recommended)
Go to: AccessAlly > Teams > Select the team you want to delete.
Click on the Delete button at the bottom of the team.
Method 2: Allowing the team leader to delete the team with a CRM Automation (Advanced)
The second method of deleting a team requires a CRM automation setup. Because of the automation complexity, there is an additional possibility for user setup error. If you choose to use this method, take the time to run multiple test users through the automation to make sure you have set it all up properly.
Create a tag in your CRM
This will be the trigger tag used to tick off the automation in your CRM. You will use this tag in your custom operation setup. In our example, we named the tag [Action] Delete Nutrition Team. Set up the tag in your CRM before moving to the next step.
Step 1: Create a Delete Team button for the Leader
1. Go to: AccessAlly > Settings > Custom Operations
2. Configure your custom operation:
- What This Operation Does: Add / remove tag(s)
Add the following tags: Choose the tag you created in the pre-setup. In our example, it’s [Action] Delete Nutrition Team.
3. Configure how this operation will be triggered
- Be sure the Trigger operation within your AccessAlly membership site checkbox is checked.
- Copy the shortcode to the clipboard. This is what you’ll add to your Team Leader page as a button.
- Change your text for the button, confirmation question, success message, and/or invalid operation text.
- Click Save.
4. Add the button shortcode to your Team Leader page
Use the shortcode you copied in the step above, and add it to your team leader page. This will display the button.
Step 2: Create the CRM Automation to Delete Team
The CRM automation you create needs to include these two basic components:
- Designate the “Delete Team” tag to trigger the automation.
- Add the “Delete Team” Webhook/HTTP Post to your CRM.
To find it, go to: AccessAlly > Settings > Custom Operations> Choose the operation you created in Step 1 > copy the webhook under Trigger this operation from inside your CRM system.
The Delete Team Webhook URL tells AccessAlly that all “revoke” tags (designated in this tutorial) should be applied to all members of a team, including the team leader. This effectively removes their access from the membership site. It does NOT delete their contact in the CRM or in WordPress.
Please note that “deleting a team” will ONLY add the designated revoke tags. If you wish additional actions to happen (like cancelling their subscription charges, etc.), you must either do that manually or build the action steps into your CRM automation.