In this case, you can create an order form that puts them on the upgraded subscription format (usually at an additional cost), AND gives them the additional access tags they need.
For other team replacement options, please see this tutorial: How to Automate Team Replacement Options
Note: This tutorial assumes that you’ve already done the basic Team setup for each level that you wish to offer. If you haven’t, please do so now following our Guide to the Teams Feature.
Specifically, this tutorial will use the BASIC / GOLD team scenario throughout:
Once your teams are set up in the AccessAlly > Teams area, you may proceed with the rest of this tutorial.
Step 1. Create “Team Upgrade” Custom Operation
Go to: AccessAlly > Custom Operations.
Here, create a new custom operation with the following settings:
- Choose what this operation will do: Initiate team parent
- Select a team to initiate: GOLD Team (or whatever your “upgraded” team is called)
- Select a team to replace: BASIC Team
- Select a custom operation to run: OPTIONAL (this could be used in scenarios where you not only want to upgrade team access permission, but also increase the team size)
The configuration should look as follows:
With this setup, the team “parent” & “child” users will all receive the permission tags associated with the upgraded team level.
What does NOT happen:
- The team size does NOT change, no matter what number of team member slots are associated with each level in the teams area. (To increase/decrease a team size, please run an additional custom operation.)
- NO revoke tags are applied. If you want to apply any revoke tags, please do so using either a custom operation, CRM automation, or add them to the order form itself.
Step 2. Create Your Team Level Products
If you already have your teams set up and running, you might have team level products set up already. You can use these as-is for this tutorial.
Otherwise, you’ll simply create your one-time purchase or subscription products, one corresponding with each team level:
Step 3. Create Your Team Upgrade Offer
Now, you can create a new offer that’s specific to the Team Upgrade functionality you wish to implement. This will be set up “normally” (i.e. by adding the product to the offer and setting up automation tags as needed).
However, if you sell team licenses as subscriptions, please make sure to use the subscription replacement option (to avoid the user being charged double).
Also, in the Automation tab, please include the custom operation you created in step 1 of this tutorial.
Now, whenever a team leader with BASIC access submits the order form, their new subscription charge will reflect the GOLD (upgraded) level subscription, and their team will enjoy the increased/upgraded permissions associated with a gold level team.