If you’re using AccessAlly for your course and membership solution, you do NOT need ClickFunnels as a part of your tech stack. We highly recommend using our AccessAlly Order Form system for managing payments, especially recurring subscription or payment plan payments.
However, we understand that some people may wish to continue using ClickFunnels with AccessAlly, regardless.
In this case, take time to look through this page to make sure the handoff between your systems works as needed for seamless integration.
Please note! When using ClickFunnels to process payments instead of AccessAlly Order Forms, you’ll be giving up the ability to use certain features from inside AccessAlly.
For these features, you’ll have to look to ClickFunnels to manage these processes for your users since they are paying from inside ClickFunnels.
For Developers! AccessAlly does not offer an open API or the ability to use Zapier as a tool to automate things between ClickFunnels and AccessAlly -> communication is always ClickFunnels to your CRM and your CRM to AccessAlly.
- Managing subscription payments and what happens when payments fail.
- Metrics and revenue reporting.
- 1-click upsells, order bumps, and order toggles.
ClickFunnels + AccessAlly Communication
When a user makes a purchase via ClickFunnels, you need that info to be passed onto your CRM + AccessAlly, so the two systems can communicate and give the user access to the correct content on your site.
The flow should run as follows:
Step 1: User Makes Purchase
This all happens inside your ClickFunnels account.
Step 2: ClickFunnels Communicates With Your CRM
When the purchase is completed, ClickFunnels needs to pass the info over to your CRM, so that a contact can be created (if one does not already exist for that email), and any necessary tags can be applied to the contact.
For more information on connecting ClickFunnels to your CRM/marketing automation tool, please see the ClickFunnels documentation:
- ClickFunnels + Ontraport
- ClickFunnels + ConvertKit
- ClickFunnels + Infusionsoft / Keap
- ClickFunnels + Drip
- ClickFunnels + ActiveCampaign
There are some additional setup/integration issues that you’ll want to work out with your ClickFunnels setup, including:
- Cancellations / Refunds: When someone cancels (with or without a refund), you’ll need to make sure this info is passed onto your CRM+AccessAlly. This can generally be done with a single tag applied to the user, which trigger an automation that revokes access.
- Failed Payments (for payment plans or subscriptions): When a credit card fails (which can be due to card expiration), ClickFunnels needs to pass this info over to your CRM + AccessAlly as AccessAlly will not know that failed payments have ocurred because ClickFunnels is managing your payments. Again, this should include applying a tag to the user, so you can send them follow up emails to remind them to update their card, as well as let the systems know if the card was updated–or if access needs to be revoked.