This is different from an invoice, since a welcome email typically includes a personal message and does not include an itemized purchase list/amount.
Two Types of Welcome Emails
Important: please note that there are two distinct options for sending welcome emails:
- The Default Welcome Email: once enabled, the default welcome email will send after any and all purchases made through an AccessAlly order form. If you have a single course or membership that you sell, this will be the simplest setup.
- A Product/Offer Specific Welcome Email: once created, this email type can be customized so that it only sends when a specific order form is filled out. Since you can create as many welcome emails as you want, this is ideal for businesses that have multiple products, courses, or memberships that all require a different welcome message for the client.
1. Install and Activate the Amazon SES plugin
By itself, WordPress email sending does not typically boast of reliable deliverability. To prevent your invoices from regularly landing in spam folders, we recommend installing and activating the Amazon SES plugin.
This plugin is designed to improve your email deliverability.
2. Enable Welcome Email
Go to AccessAlly > Emails > Welcome email.
OPTION A: To use the Default Welcome Email functionality
Click into the Default welcome email and choose Send Customized Email from the dropdown.
OPTION B: To create a product/offer specific welcome email
Click on the Add offer-specific welcome email button. Fill out the settings to designated when you’d like your email to send (and for what offers).
3. Customize Your Company Branding
If you haven’t yet, go to the Branding tab and customize your company information.
- Company Name
- “From” Sender name
- “From” sender email
4. Customize Shared Blocks
In the same area, make sure to click into the Header and Footer blocks. These can be customized with new images, text, and links to your policies as needed. They only need to be customized once, and will appear the same on all emails that use them.
(Note that you can create additional shared blocks by going to the Shared blocks tab.)
5. Return to the Welcome Email and Complete Customization
Go back to your Welcome email tab and continue customization.
- To edit an existing element: click on the element to reveal customization options
- To add a new element: click on the “plus” icon on the top right of the email settings
- To rearrange elements: drag and drop
6. Send a test email
Once your email is customized, send a test email to yourself. This will allow you to preview how the email looks and responds inside your inbox.
7. Make a test purchase
Finally, go to a live order form that you’ve set up the welcome email(s) for.
Make a test purchase, then check your inbox to make sure the information is correct .