The AccessAlly User Migration Wizard can only be used on a site that already has AccessAlly configured.
- Download the plugin zip file (you’ll be asked to log into your account in order to download the file).
- On your membership site, open the WordPress Dashboard, and go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin
- Select the downloaded accessally-user-migration zip file, and click on “Install Now”
- Once installed, click on Activate Plugin
- Import your .csv file from your CRM system into the migration tool. This tool will then import all users from your .csv into the site and create accounts for them,
How to migrate existing users
Please review the tutorial video for your CRM platform.
Step 1: Export List of ConvertKit Contacts
Inside ConvertKit, select the subscribers that you wish to add to your new AccessAlly account. When you’re satisfied with the list, click “Export”.
The email address associated with your ConvertKit account will receive the Exported CSV file as an email. When received, download the CSV file to your computer.
Step 2: Upload the CSV File To AccessAlly’s User Migration Wizard
Inside your WordPress site, navigate to the Migration Wizard. Here, use the “choose file” button to select the CSV file you’ve saved to your computer.
It’s a good idea to review the contact list one more time as its displayed inside AccessAlly. When you’re ready, click on the yellow “start” button to begin the migration.
Please note that this may be an extremely slow process, so do not turn off your computer or close out of the website until it has finished.