When Merging a Contact May Be Necessary
The merge contact feature is only available in Infusionsoft for two reasons:
- Infusionsoft allows contacts with duplicate emails (so merging is more of a necessity)
- The Infusionsoft API provides a way to automatically merge two contacts by migrating the tags and order data
Using a Non-Infusionsoft CRM?
For other CRMs, merging is a more manual process. In a nutshell, it involves:
- Moving all applicable tags from the to-be-deleted contact to the to-be-kept contact in the CRM
- Add the to-be-kept contact to any relevant automation / campaign
- Once that is done, you can just update the to-be-kept contact in AccessAlly, so all the tags are synced.
How to Merge an Infusionsoft Contact
Step 1: Enable Feature In AccessAlly
Log into your membership site and go to: AccessAlly > General Settings > Initial Setup > Additional Features.
Step 2: Merge Contacts
Now, go to: AccessAlly > Manage Users > Merge Contacts.
Here, you can merge the contacts.
This will both merge the contacts in Infusionsoft and sort out the user login / tags in AccessAlly.