PopupAlly Pro + MailChimp work great together! This short tutorial will walk you through how to grab the MailChimp form code for your website opt-in.
Then, add this code, directly into your PopupAlly settings in WordPress.
1. With the list selected, click on the ‘Signup forms’ tab & select ‘Embedded forms’
Inside Mailchimp, go to Create > Signup Forms.
Then, select the list you’d like to add your signups to.
2. The signup form HTML code is in the bottom right
Under the Unstyled tab, copy the HTML code on the bottom right. It’s important to get all of it!
3. Paste the HTML code in your PopupAlly settings
Simply paste the HTML code into the “Sign Up HTML” section in your PopupAlly settings.
You’re good to go!
4. To set up the Thank You page, select ‘General Forms’
Finally, you’ll want to make sure that each person who signs up using your MailChimp Popup WordPress form gets redirected to a polite Thank You Page!
We do have a more detailed tutorial on how to Setup the Thank You page, but within MailChimp, head to Signup forms > General forms.
Warning: Although PopupAlly Pro gives you the option of showing a “thank you popup” after someone opts in, Mailchimp’s API blocks those new subscribers. Instead, please make sure to use the Thank you page as shown here.
5. Select ‘Sign up Thank You Page’ from the dropdown, and enter the Thank You page URL
Here you can add the URL that each user who opts-in will be sent to.
Now, Your MailChimp Popup WordPress Integration Is Ready to Go!
6. Paste the code into your popup settings
Now that you’ve copied the code, paste it into your PopupAlly Pro settings under: “Style Settings” -> Sign Up HTML.