In some advanced use cases, you may wish for a user’s permission tags to be refreshed when they visit a page.
In this case, you can set up a ProgressAlly Event, so that the user’s tags will be refreshed when the page is accessed and loads.
Note: this only works if you have AccessAlly Pro.
How to Force a Tag Refresh When A User Visits A Page
Step 1. Create a new ProgressAlly Event
Go to: ProgressAlly > Events.
Then, add a new event.
Step 2. Configure Your ProgressAlly Event
The event should be configured as follows:
- Event Name : N/A
- Event trigger condition: When a user visits a page
- Select the pages: here, you can select any/all pages that you would like to qualify
- How often can the event be triggered: each time the event happens
- What action will take place when the event is triggered: (Add a tag)
- Add the following tag(s) to the contact: (Leave blank)
When set up properly, the user’s tags will be refreshed every time they access one of the pages you designated in this event.