The display settings control how the popup will appear to visitors to your site. To configure the display settings, go to: PopupAlly > Display Settings.
When will the popups be displayed?
PopupAlly can show your popup under two conditions: (Want more options? Try PopupAlly Pro!)
- Time-delayed: display popup after a set delay (in seconds). This is the most common popup. Generally, the delay should be set to at least 30 seconds, or it runs the risk of being annoying to visitors.
- Exit-intent: this is the latest innovation in attention capturing. It is triggered when the mouse cursor heads up towards the close button.
- Embedded: this is technically not a popup. However, as it is useful to embed a signup form directly on the page. It is recommended to use the ‘Express Yourself’ template for an embedded sign up form.
How To Designate Which Pages Your Popups Appear On
After at least one of popup options has been selected, you can configure on which post(s)/page(s) the popup will be displayed.
You can choose to use two selection methods:
- Inclusive – show the popup for posts/pages that have been explicitly entered: leave the ‘Show for all pages?’ option unchecked, checkbox the pages/posts you want to display the popup in ‘Use for only these posts/pages’. Alternatively, you can checkbox ‘All pages’ and/or ‘All posts’, which will show the popup for all existing and future pages/posts, respectively.
- Exclusive – show the popup for all posts/pages that have NOT been excluded: check the ‘Show for all pages?’ option, checkbox the pages/posts you want NOT to display the popup in ‘Except for these posts/pages’. Alternatively, you can checkbox ‘All pages’ and/or ‘All posts’, which will prevent the popup from displayed in all existing and future pages/posts, respectively.